You must read and agree to these rules before Registering. The Registration is at the bottom of this page.
Stage and Poles:
- (3) Poles used will be stationary
- (2) Side Poles will be approximately 8 ft. high
- Center Pole will be approximately 14 ft. high
- Important Note: Center Pole is 37" from the Center Stairs
- (2) Side stages are 11ft long 6ft 7in wide
- Center stage is 16ft 10 in Long & 7ft 1.5 in Wide
- Judges will be seated around the radius of the center stage.
- No grip products will be applied to poles. Participants may use approved grip aides on their bodies only.
- Use of non-approved grip products will result in disqualification.
- The organizers reserve the right to check grip products brought into the dressing room.
Registration and Entry Fee and Cost:
- Approved Contestants will be charged a one-time FULLY refundable $100 entry fee. The fee will be returned once competitor fully competes in the Platinum Pole Awards.
- All contestants will be given 10 entry passes for guests and fans.
- Contestants will be responsible for payment for any workshops or private lessons they choose to take. THIS IS NOT REQUIRED!
Accommodations and required dates of stay:
- Hotel accomodations are available with DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh - Green Tree. To make your room reservation with our event Room Block please call 1-800-222-8733 (TREE) and reference “Cheerleaders Gentlemen’s Club Room Block” and Group Code “CGC”. To make your reservation Online, CLICK HERE
- All competitors are expected to arrive the day of the event by 12:30PM and report to Cheerleaders of Pittsburgh for a dress rehearsal and run through of the event. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of the event organizer for personal excuses such as prior commitments which cannot be changed.
- No prizes or gift bags will be given out until after the event. If not picked up at the event prize will be forfeited.
- The winner take all prize of $10,000 will be issued by check within seven business days after the winner completes a W-2 with a member of Cheerleaders management.
- Music file must be received and confirmed by Cheerleaders no later than 11:59pm EST on June 6, 2018
- Edited music may include a compilation of various songs merged together.
- Music can be reserved at any time once you register. Send the name of your song or songs by email and make the subject of your email “Music Selection Platinum Pole Awards.”
- All competitors must perform under a “stage” name or their legal name as listed on their government issued photo ID, which will be required to be submitted if they are accepted into the Platinum Pole Awards competition.
- All names are subject to the approval of the event organizer.
- Competitors must sign all legal documents such as contract and waivers under their legal name as presented on their state ID or Passport
- Competitors are reminded that they will all sign waivers for photo and video releases and that these can and will be used on the internet and other media sources to promote the event.
Practice at venue:
- Practice time on the stage will be from 12:30PM to 3:30PM the day of the contest: Thursday, June 14, 2018.
- Other practice times are available by arrangement with a Cheerleaders staff/ event organizer.
- Costumes should be creative, elaborate, and fun.
- Removal of portions of costume is allowed as long as remaining pieces are compliant
- You may be topless, but at no point bottomless. G-String, Thong, or bootie shorts must be worn at all times.
- All contestants will be introduced during contestant introductions and must be clad in either a full length gown or short cocktail dress. During the awards ceremony all contestants must change back into their gown/dress.
- Contestant intros will be submitted by contestants no later than June 6, 2018 read by the host and are subject to revisions by event organizers.
- No leather, PVC, or other fabrics, which may aid in grip
- No latex
- No body paint
- Small decals or temporary tattoos and rhinestones are allowed as long as they are not latex
- Shoes must be worn.
- Any material allowed with the exception of decorations, which may scratch the pole.
- Non-tacky gloves are allowed
- Props will be allowed but are subject to approval prior to the competition.
- Props may not take away from the essence of the pole performance. For example, alternative props such as a chair cannot be used for more than 25% of the routine. No props may be attached to the pole.
- Hanging apparatus’ will be allowed
- Props may not include anything made of glass and may not leave excessive amounts debris on floor such as glitter or feathers.
- No pyro!
- Competitors can request having an event organizer place props on stage prior to performance. Pole cleaners, staff and event volunteers are not to be held responsible for a prop being misplaced.
Responsibility of Communication by Competitors:
- Prompt communication and meeting deadlines is an essential part of a successful and fair competition. The organizers reserve the right to eliminate, at any point prior to the competition, any competitor who fails to comply with deadlines or respond to email and voicemail communications within the stated time frames.
Press and Promotional Materials:
- All competitors will be required to sign a photo and video release as well as provide a photograph and bio which will be posted on Platinum Pole Awards webpage, social media pages, Cheerleaders website, prior to the event.
- Finalists must be available for possible interviews with press and should not exclude the possibility of being filmed.
- Videos and photographs from the event will be used for future promotional features.
- Winner may be asked to participate in future events as featured performers representing The Platinum Pole Awards/Cheerleaders of Pittsburgh/Cheerleaders of Philadelphia.
Scoring ballots will consist of 4 categories: 5 will be the lowest score and 10 will be the highest. All scores must be in whole numbers. In the event of a tie, a free-style dance off will be required.
- Control and endurance
- Variety of tricks
- Fluidity and poise
- Music Selection
Overall Performance & Originality of Performance
- Contestants will conduct themselves properly at all times during the competition.
- Contestants will respect all other competitors at all times.
- Contestants will comply at all times with the rules and regulations of the Platinum Pole Awards.
- Contestants will attend the mandatory meeting and rehearsal the day of the competition.
- Contestants will sign a Waiver and Release Form.
- Contestants will appear on television, radio, film or print media for the publicity and promotion of the competition.
- Contestants will respect our sponsors by not wearing other company Logo’s during the competition. 8. Contestants will not bully or cyberbully another contestant.
- A dressing area and house mom will be provided to you and you are expected to act professional at all times. Dressing rooms are off limits to all family members or friends of the competitors
- Contestants shall be in accordance with industry standards for professional entertainers performing in upscale, high-end, entertainment facilities. – Cheerleaders top of the line make-up artist and hair stylist will be available by appointment only at Cheerleaders and must be scheduled by May 31, 2018. Please contact Ryann ODonnell at email@example.com to book an appointment. (Contestants will be responsible for payment of any services done by Cheerleaders Makeup Artist)
The Title – Platinum Pole Awards Champion 2018:
- The title “Platinum Pole Awards “Steel City” Champion 2018” is an official title valid for one year.
- The Organization reserves the right to retract the title if the winner causes any damages to the Organization, event planner, or sponsors.
- Platinum Pole Awards, Cheerleaders Pittsburgh t/a MAG PITT LP., Metrospect Events Inc. are not liable for injury or damage resulting from participation in the Platinum Pole Awards.
- The Organization reserves the right to change the rules contained herein.
- All decisions not addressed in these regulations will be made by the Organization.
- A decision made by the Platinum Pole Awards Organization is binding.
Online Submission Requirements:
- Please submit 2 untouched photographs.
- Full body shot
- Close up head shot.
- Please submit 1 video of less than 2 minutes.
- Video must be entitled, “Platinum Pole Awards” and your name. Video can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook, and can be listed privately or publicly (however an unlisted link must be provided with application if video is posted privately).
- Candidates must submit a 2:00 minute long, unedited video showcasing their skills.
By clicking the “Register Now” button you acknowledge, Yes I accept the terms and conditions and certify that I am over 18 years of age. All submissions to the Platinum Pole Awards Submission Page will be reviewed. Platinum Pole Awards will notify those whose are accepted into the completion. At that time, a link will be emailed to secure your spot by paying the fully refundable registration fee. Registration fee will be completely refunded once competitor competes.